Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Hymns Recording - Can You Help?


Hi friends,

Recently my friends Ben and Jillian Trawick
recorded my "Hymn of Welcome",
using the old “Beach Spring” tune.
They did a great job, and I’m very grateful for this kind of support.

Now I’m turning to you –
other friends who are musicians and singers.
Would you consider recording 
one of my hymns or songs?

In return, I’d be glad to promote your projects 
on my blogs,
on Facebook and Twitter.

Over the next year I am hopeful to gather
ten to twenty digital recordings
of hymns or songs I’ve written.
These would be made available to others
for download from my website or by e-mail attachment.

These can be simple vocals 
with guitar or keyboard accompaniment,
or they could be more elaborate,
based on your taste, time, and access to a recording environment.
In general, “raw” is better than refined.

You are welcome to adapt lyrics or tunes
to suit your personal sense of style.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.

When you settle on a song to record,
please let me know
so that several won’t inadvertently be recording the same song.

Many of my hymn and song texts 
are available at the “New Hymns” blog 
I can provide lead sheets or four-part hymn notation 
for most of them.
A lot of the hymn tunes used
are public domain folk tunes or old hymn tunes.

Thanks for reading!

God bless you,
Gary Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment