Friday, January 14, 2011

My Down East Car Rental: Chevy Aveo

Earlier this month I visited eastern Canada.

I flew to Bangor, Maine.
Then I rented a car to drive the last five hours
to my destination.

My rental car was a bright red Chevrolet Aveo.
It was virtually new,
with less than 8000 miles on the odometer.
It handled superbly, and had all the power I needed.

I loved it! It was responsive and fun to drive.

I have a warm place in my heart for tiny cars,
            but I had hardly heard of the Aveo,
though it’s been available
in the USA since 2004.

Made in South Korea by GM Daewoo,
it’s available as a 4-door sedan
but the model I rented
was a 4-door hatchback called the Aveo5.
            (1.6 litre, 4-cylinder)
            It had a moon roof.

I see that in 2012 the Aveo’s successor,
the Chevy Sonic, will be built in the USA.
It will have a larger engine,
more airbags and ABS,
which will make it an even better choice
in the subcompact market.

No comments:

Post a Comment